Here is a huge, missed opportunity we see all too often.
Right now your target market, many near the purchasing phase of their ‘buyers journey, are using Google to find a local businesses.
FACT: According to Google, 4/5 shoppers use search engines to find LOCAL business information.
Yet, plenty of businesses like yours haven’t properly claimed and optimized their local business listing to help these customers find you.
If customers can’t find you, they can’t do business with you.
Here are 5 steps to get in front of more customers…and ahead of your competition.
5 Steps to Get Your Business Out Front in Local Search
- Optimize Your Presence on Google My Business – First things first. If you have not already, create a FREE Google My Business Listing. If there is already a listing created, then you need to claim your GMB listing. Once your listing is there and claimed, update ALL your profile information with relevant, easy to read, yet keyword rich targeted copy. It’ll take a little time, but will pay huge dividends in being found by shoppers more often.
- Add Schema Markup – Only 31.3% of your competition is using this markup. And they probably are just using the basics. Adding this specific, targeted code to your website to help you can stand out from your competition
- Use Attractive and Optimized Images On Google My Business – Photos are more attractive than text. When potential buyers are looking at your optimized Google Business Page, they almost always look at the pictures. Upload high-quality photos. TIP: Show photos of your lot and inside your storefront with people in the background. No one wants to shop at a ghost-town!
- Harness the Power of Reviews – In a recent survey, 84 percent of people trust reviews they see online just as much as they do personal recommendations. And 7 out of 10 will leave a business review if asked by the business. There are tools to help you track, manage, and get more reviews. The one I like the best is called “Customer Review Pro” which I’ve seen produce great results for many businesses. It does something really powerful that other review services do not.
- Get More Sales with Promotions – There are “Offer” posts that allow you to promote a coupon with a Google post. Unlike traditional posts, the coupon code stands out from the rest of the post, making it easier for customers looking at your business.
Implementing these five local search tactics are sure to give you a leg-up on your competition 🙂